Sunday 25 January 2015

Doing something for the first time.....

The Great Wall of China - image credit http://www.conquerthewallmarathon.com
I've been thinking about this for the last few days. When was the last time I did something that I've never done before? When have I done something I wasn't sure I could do?

It takes energy and effort and a little bit of inspiration. I guess moving countries was doing something for the first time and I've done quite a few things at work that I've never done before, though these things don't feel like I'm out of my comfort zone too much.

Last night Arran and I went out with two Aussie couples to a restaurant we hadn't tried before. One of the couples were the first to invite us to their place when we first arrived in Singapore and I probably haven't told them how much that meant to me. To meet some fellow Aussies who have paved the way here and to share their experiences was great.

Last night was a great night, as evidenced by Arran and I feeling like lying in front of the telly all day today. One of the highlights was learning about the Conquer The Wall Challenge that Belinda and Erika are planning to do with a group of women from Singapore. I want in. Thinking about doing the 10K race which I could/run walk and will give me a focus to get training and get fit.

When was the last time you did something for the first time?



0 comments:

Post a Comment