Sunday 18 January 2015

Your turn challenge

You may have noticed I haven't blogged for a while. My last post was on courage at the end of November 2014.


I'm in a rut. I've lost my mo-jo. Sigh. I have all the excuses under the sun. I hadn't had a holiday in ages. I moved country. Work has been really crazy. I'm tired. I'm not feeling creative. Excuse after excuse. I'm been trying to figure out what the issue is (apart from all the excuses) and have come up with nothing. Nothing. And still I haven't blogged.

One of the things I have discovered is that when you do something as a community and contribute to a community it makes a difference to you getting started and keeping going. The photo-a-day challenge by Fat Mum Slim is a great example. So is weight loss and getting fit with Michelle Bridges.

I subscribe to Seth Godin's blog and get his wise words delivered to my inbox every day. Friday's post on getting unstuck really struck a cord. Winne Kao Seth's Special Project Lead had failed to post a blog post everyday and has created the your turn challenge. The idea is to join a community committed to posting every day for 7 days. It starts tomorrow.

I'm in! I love blogging and need to get back into it and I'm counting on my community (that's you my reader) to keep me honest. Arran is also doing the challenge with me. As an incentive to my readers, the first 3 people to commit to, and complete the challenge with Arran I, I will send you a copy of Seth's latest book What to do When it's Your Turn (and it's always your turn). I ordered two books and was gifted three. I would love to share Seth's messages.

I know what you are thinking....you are not a blogger, you don't have a blog, you don't have time......come on! It doesn't matter. Maybe this is your time to start? Give it a go! what do you have to lose?  You can write about whatever you want and if you don't know what to write about there are prompts to help you each day. Check out the instructions here. It starts tomorrow. Are you with me?


0 comments:

Post a Comment